Share This Article
Woodlands Campsite Silverstone used to be the official campsite for the British Grand Prix and it’s where we actually had our honeymoon back in 2016! So, has much changed since their lost their official status? Those who visited in 2022 seemed to think so…
Woodlands F1 Camping Location
Address: Silverstone Road, Buckingham MK18 5LJ
When it comes to location, you can’t get much better than Woodlands. Gate 15 is a mere 100m away from the exit of the campsite and it shouldn’t take you too long to walk – even if you’re camped at the other end. Silverstone Woodlands is well signposted during the F1 weekend, so it’s not too hard to find either.
Facilities at Woodlands – An Overview
For more details about the facilities available at Woodlands Campsite, scroll down for the full review:
- Campsite shop
- Various pitch options available (including pre-pitched, glamping, electric hook-ups and more
- Free wi-fi
- Family zone
- Lots of entertainment
- Phone charging and lockers
- Permanent facilities (eg toilets and showers)
- On-site pub
Silverstone Woodlands Camping Review
DescriptionWoodlands campsite at Silverstone used to be the place to go, but in 2022 the bad reviews came flooding in.
- Still the best entertainment of any campsite
- Lots of facilities
- A short walk to the track
- Complaints around noise and cleanliness meant Woodlands lost some points this year
Before we dig into even more details about Woodlands (including pitch types, facilities and entertainment) here’s a brief rundown of the pros and cons of Woodlands Camping. If you’ve been to Woodlands, you can also add your own review in the comments below. Help others make a decision by having your say!
Woodlands Campsite Opening and Closing Times
One of the best things about Woodlands is the site opening and closing times. You can get there on Wednesday morning (usually around 10am) and don’t have to leave until midday on Monday. We highly recommend getting there early to get a good pitch and make the most out of the entertainment too.
Pitch Types and Areas
There are two main areas at Woodlands Campsite – Family and Lively. You don’t have to be bringing the whole family to enjoy the peace and quiet of the Family area, but if you like a party then definitely head to lively.
Pitch types include:
- Non-electric pitch – No set boundaries for size, but they ask you only take the space you need
- Electric hook-up tent – Standard Pitch – 7m x 8m and Large Pitch – 6m x 12m
- Live-in vehicle – Again, Standard Pitch – 7m x 8m and Large Pitch – 6m x 12m
- Glamping and pre-pitched tent options available too
Be warned, electric hook-up pitches sell fast! You’re not allowed to bring your own generator, but there is The Big Locker Hire Co. where you can store valuables and charge your phone at the same time.